Your iPhone might be popping up the “Approve this iPhone warning”. What confuses most people is whether the problem is due to the two-factor authentication of the iCloud or it is the software itself. Whatever the reasons are behind the notification which is Approve iPhone. we are going to help you Fix How to Approve iPhone stuck.
You can do enough things to get this problem fixed. However, if the approve this iPhone notification gets stuck, you will need some help fixing it. Well, there are different methods of doing. Whether you want to fix approve this iPhone from Mac or another device, you are going to learn that.
Table of Contents
Why Approve iPhone occurs?
If you had two-factor authentication on recently on your iPhone, it is going to ask for the verification. So when you will turn it on, your phone is going to ask you to sign in to your iCloud and approve it. It would be easy to fix, however, the problem occurs when you sign in to your iCloud and there is not a single option about this.
While that is the issue, a common for this would be turning off the two-factor authentication. Most users would do that but the ones who care a lot about the security, wouldn’t turn it off and look for an alternative solution. Well, we have got that covered for you in the upcoming step-by-step guide to fix approve this iPhone problem.
5 Methods to fix Approve this iPhone Message on iPhone
In most of our guides, we ensure bringing at least 3 methods to fix different issues. We have got the same number of fixes for approving this iPhone not working problem even though it can be fixed just with a single method. So let’s get going!
Method No. 1 – Turning off Two-Factor Authentication to Fix Approve this iPhone
When you turned on the two-factor authentication and this message started popping up and is stuck, you should simply turn it off to get rid of the problem. Have you ever faced the issue of iPhone spinning wheel? If you have then must check our article related to iPhone stuck on spinning wheel.
Apple already takes enough care of your data and this authentication process is just another step in it so it would be okay not to use it. If you are convinced about turning two-factor authentication to fix the issue, just follow the steps given ahead:
- In the first step, cancel the ‘approve this iPhone’ warning for now
- The button for canceling this will be found on the upper left corner
- Now, open the security settings of your iPhone and enter ‘two-factor authentication’
- Turn this option off and for doing that, it might ask for your password.
- You can also reset the complete ID and you will need a confirmation email for that.
- You can turn it on again in the future when you need it in this same section.
So you have now fixed the ‘approve this iPhone’ message using the same thing which caused it in the first place. However, if this doesn’t work for you, we have still got another fix which will solve it based on another error which could be causing it.
Method No. 2 – Turn off iCloud Keychain to fix Approve iPhone Message
If you turn off the iCloud Keychain option there is a good chance that it will fix this messaging popping up. Since iCloud is the place keeping your passwords and account data safe, some problem with it can cause this issue as well. The solution, however, has not worked for a lot of users but it is definitely worth trying. To turn off iCloud Keychain, then follow the given steps:
- First, cancel the ‘Approve this iPhone’ warning by the upper left corner button
- Now, go to the iCloud section which can be found under the Apple ID tab
- After doing that, find the ‘iCloud Keychain’ option down there
- Turn it off by simply tapping the button next to it
- To complete the process, you will need to restart your phone
After restarting the phone, the message should be gone which has been worrying you for a long time. However, if you become one of those users for whom this method didn’t work, we have got yet another fix for you.
Method No. 3 – Fix Approve this iPhone without data loss
When users are trying different solutions for various iPhone problems, they worry a lot about their data. Well, the data you have your phone must be important for you and to keep it safe, you should create a backup before trying any of these things. Without creating a backup, you can only count on desktop software like iMyFone Fixppo to fix your issues without losing data. The following guide will teach you to use it:
- Download and install iMyFone Fixppo software on your Mac or Windows PC
- Once the software is installed, open it and then open the home page
- Connect your iPhone device to your computer using the USB data cable
- On the homepage of the software, select the phone model and iOS version
- After doing this, scan your iPhone for errors and let it scan for some time
- After scanning the errors, the software will fix them automatically without losing your data
This is simply how you fix ‘approve this iPhone’ message and finally get rid of it. Also, to approve your iPhone from another device like Mac, you should read the following guide.
Method No. 4 – How to approve this iPhone from Mac
If you need to approve your iPhone, you can do it from Mac as well. Now, we are going to teach you how to approve your iPhone from Mac. You can also fix ‘Approve this iPhone iCloud’ using this simple method. So do as the following steps tell you to:
- Open your Mac computer and then the ‘System Preferences’ section
- Go to the iCloud section in and log in using Apple ID and Password
- Get the verification code on your phone or email to verify it
- After entering the Apple ID Verification Code, this problem will be fixed
Method No. 5 – How to Approve an iPhone from Another Device
Your iPhone can be approved even when you are using some other device. To do that, you will need to follow the steps coming ahead:
- Log in to iCloud using the Apple ID and password on the website
- Go to the settings of iCloud and get the verification code
- Enter the Apple ID Verification Code which is six figures and get it done
- However, on another device, you will be entering the iPhone passcode
So these were 5 methods to fix ‘Approve this iPhone’ problem. Once you have fixed the problem, leave us your feedback in the comments section and let us know which one of these methods worked for you to help other readers on our site.
Approve this iPhone FAQs
How do I approve my new iPhone?
Simply create an Apple ID and verify it from your email and this will approve your iPhone. You can also use two-factor authentication for verifying your iPhone.
How do I turn off two-factor authentication on my iPhone?
Find the two-factor authentication tab in the security settings of your iPhone and turn it off by tapping the button
What is an end to end encrypted data?
Just to prevent any third party from seeing the communication between two devices, the end t end encryption or E2EE is used.