Mac operating system is being the most favored among many people though the user-interface is a bit complicated for the beginners; it brings a safe and secure network in your hands. Many people don’t know how to restart the MacBook and how to reset MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and other Models. One can restart the MacBook in four different ways. In this article, we are showing how to restart MacBook, how to reset MacBook air to factory settings, how to restart MacBook pro when the black screen, and much more.
Table of Contents
How to restart MacBook in 4 ways?
1. Restarting MacBook through Menu Bar: How to Restart Macbook
- Click the Apple icon available in the top left corner of the Mac screen.
- In the drop-down menu, you will get to see the option “Restart”, click it.
- Your Mac system will shut down and come back on a few moments later.
2. Restarting while using Keyboard Command: How to restart MacBook
- Press the “Ctrl” key and the eject button simultaneously available on the top of the Mac keyboard.
- Select “Restart” from the pop-up window appeared after the command.
3. Force restarting MacBook with Keyboard Command: How to restart MacBook
- Press “ctrl” and “the command” and, at the same time, eject the keys.
- This will immediately restart your computer, and you may lose your documents.
4. Restarting from a Manual Shutdown: How to Restart MacBook
If not any above way works for restarting the MacBook, all you need to hold down the power button for 6 seconds. The computer will quickly be turned off, and it will take a while to turn on.
Please remember that, restarting the MacBook can help in solving the issue of Mds_Stores Consuming high CPU Usage.
How do I reboot my MacBook?
Rebooting is like force restarting your MacBook. For this, you need to press and hold the command and CTRL keys along with the power button until the screen goes blank and the machine sound restarting.
How do you restart a frozen MacBook?
Press the power button on the Mac keyboard for 6 seconds.
Wait few seconds, then hit the power button again to boot the Mac.
How do I force Restart a MacBook Air/MacBook Pro
- Press and hold the power button or touch ID button until the MacBook Air screen looks black.
- After a few seconds of wait, press and hold the Touch ID or power button until you see the Apple logo.
How often should I restart my Mac?
There is not any specific recommendation for restarting the MacBook, but if you think your system is working slow, you can reset it.
How to restart MacBook Air to Factory Settings
Everyone is curious to know that how to reset MacBook Air to factory settings. The following are the steps that will help in restarting MacBook Air to factory settings.
1. Restart in Recovery Mode: How to restart MacBook Air to Factory Settings
Now, this is the most essential and first step that you need to adopt for restarting MacBook Air to factory settings. Before erasing any hard drive data, you need to start up your Mac system from recovery mode.
For restarting simply, you need to choose the option available under the Apple logo in the top left corner of the screen. When the Mac shuts off and powers back on, you need to press command+R keys until you are able to see the logo of Apple. After seeing the logo, release the keys and proceed to the next step.
2. Erasing data from the hard drive of Mac: How to restart MacBook Air to Factory Settings
This is the second and the most essential step in which you have to erase all data from the hard drive of Mac. In recovery mode, you are unable to see their login screen. The macOS utility window appeared on the screen. Follow the steps below to wipe a MacBook Air:
- Choose Disk Utility from the macOS utility window and continue.
- Choose the startup disk and click on the option “Erase.”
- Choose Mac OS Extended, and click erase.
- The process will take a while to proceed. When it is done, go to the Disk Utility menu and select the option quit Disk utility.
Reinstall Mac OS: How to restart MacBook Air to Factory Settings
Your hard drive is sufficiently clean; now you can again install macOS. You can install it from the same macOS utility window while the Mac is still in Recovery Mode. The same macOS utility window provides you an option to reinstall macOS. It will successfully restore your MacBook Air to factory settings, and your Mac system is ready to go.
How to Reset MacBook Air / MacBook Pro
Many people are not aware of how to reset MacBook Air. For this reason, here we are for your help. Now the question is why you need to reset MacBook Air. There can be multiple reasons, but the two most important reasons to reset it either you want to sell it, so for security you need to reset MacBook air to its original settings and remove all your data. The second reason is when it is working slowly.
Two steps you need to follow to reset MacBook All Models:
1. Backup of Data
While knowing how to reset MacBook Air, you must be aware that after reset, you will lose all your data. So, to make it safe and secure you need to make a backup of your data.
The most common and easiest way of backing up your data on MacBook Air is the use of time-machine that have all your files, images, documents and apps. For using time machine to back up your data you need to follow these steps:
- Click system preferences option from the Apple logo available on the top left corner of screen.
- Click Time Machine
- Now click backup disk
- Select external drive on which you want to encrypt data and then use disk.
- Finally click the “ON” option if it’s not on.
If you don’t want to use Time Machine for backing up your data then two very useful and authentic data apps are available for your Mac system i.e. SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cleaner.
2. Sign out from iServices
To reset MacBook Air you also need to sign out from iServices like iCloud, iCoud, iTunes, iMessages. By signing out you will not lose any data you saveon iServices. After this step your system is successful reset and available to sellout.
Mac Boot from USB
Yes! You hearing it right Mac boot from USB. Many models are not coming up with CD rom so it becoming a standard to boost Mac system from USB. Mac Boot from USB can easily done by following these steps:
- Insert the USB boot media into USB port.
- On your Mac system, or restart it if it’s already on.
- When you start hearing the restarting of your system, press “option” key, you will see the OS startup manager.
- Once you able to see the startup manager release the “option” key. The utility will look for the availability of bootable drive.
- Select the USB drive to boot from with the help of keyboard or mouse.
- Once you selected, you can either return or double click to your selected option, the system will start boot from the USB drive.
What if iMac wont turn on?
People with problem like their imac wont turn on needs to relax. Simply press Shift+CTRL+Option keys and also press the power button. Press all these for 4 second and release the buttons at the same time and after that press power button to turn the Mac on. It will definitely works for whose imac wont turn on.
How do I force start MacBook?
Force start MacBook is not that much difficult as it seems. Now the question is why you need to force start MacBook. Sometimes Mac not respond to your commands and working slow due to many reasons at that time you need to force start MacBook. One can easily force start MacBook by pressing command + CTRL and also the power button and press until the screen goes blank and hear the machine restarts again.
Yes! Eject Button on Mac is available that easily allows you to eject CD’s from CD-ROM. This button is available on the top row of buttons in the right left corner. The button is assigned with a symbol of top arrow. It will help you to eject CD from Mac system easily or if it doesn’t work you can also choose the option of “Eject” under file head. If Eject Button on Mac is not working you can also use keyboard shortcuts as press “command + E” simultaneously.